Xperia XZ Australian Release Date
The Xperia XZ Australian release date is October 20. The phone will be available for purchase from Jb Hi-Fi, Telstra and Sony themselves. Currently people are also able to pre-order the phone exclusively through Telstra should they really want to reserve their copy.
Telstra is the exclusive partner for the Xperia XZ and is the only one carrying a plan for the device with plans starting from $80 and if you can’t wait for the Xperia XZ Australian release date, you can also pre-order the phone from there too (that’s if you can’t wait I suppose). The phone is available for purchase from JB Hi-Fi and Sony for $999.
Xperia XZ Australian Release date – Xperia XZ pricing and availability
|Carriers / Retailers||Price||Colour||Availability|
|Telstra||Available on a $75 Go Mobile Plus or My Business Mobile plan(5) with $10/mth device repayments when you stay connected for 24 months. Min cost $1,800). Also available on a $95 Go Mobile Plus or My Business Mobile plan with no additional device repayments when you stay connected for 24 months. Min cost $2280.||Mineral Black||Pre-order 11thOctober online
|JB HI-FI||AUD$999||Mineral Black||In-store and online 20thOctober|
|Sony Kiosks, Sony Centres and atstore.sony.com.au/xperiaxz,||AUD$999||Mineral Black
and Forest Blue
|Pre-order 11thOctober online
Key Features Of The Xperia XZ include:
- Enhanced camera experience with innovative triple image sensing technology to capture blur-free photos even with subjects in motion in beautiful true to life colour in any situation
- Predictive Hybrid Autofocus which tracks subjects automatically as they move across the frame to help you capture those special moments
- 23MP main camera which goes from standby to capture in 0.6 seconds and a 13MP low light selfie front camera for the selfie perfectionist
- 4k recording with advanced image stabilisation so you can now capture sharp and crisp footage even when moving
- Unified design with loop surface for a beautiful fit in the hand
- Optimised by learning and adapting to usage habits to provide an enhanced user experience
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 processor
- New Battery Care(1) complemented by Qnovo adaptive charging to keep your battery healthy and make the lifespan last up to twice as long(2).
- IP65/68 water and dust-resistant to handle life’s little spills and mishaps
“Xperia XZ comes fully equipped with access to Xperia Lounge Gold and Sony Media Apps. To celebrate the Australian availability of the Xperia XZ, the new handsets will, for a limited, time come with 12 movie downloads(3) valued at more than $200. Users will be able to download their content to keep, and can choose from a range of over 100 movies, from latest releases through to back catalogue films, available through the Xperia Lounge.” – Sony Australia
As an owner of the Xperia Z5, I really am jealous of this battery feature, if it weren’t for my plan not being expired until next year, maybe I’d be interested in choosing this phone.